Friday, August 29, 2008

My First Blog Attempt





I'm a newly retired (from my real life occupation as a manager in a 911 centre) stitching addict. You'd think with all this free time, I'd be able to complete all kinds of stitching, but not necessarily so. I spend a lot of time dreaming about the next project, searching the net for great charts etc and still only manage a couple of hours a day actually stitching....I've also become addicted to Home Renovation shows, but the good thing there is that I can stitch and watch at the same time.


I started my first HAED (Heaven and Earth Design) in February and now I'm hooked.....I'm currently working on "Sunrise" by Rachel Anderson and Sylph by Brigid Ashwood. No other charts will do for me anymore. I've become a cross stitching snob, others pale by comparison.




These pictures are from Heaven and Earth designs and is what the finished project will look like when finished...the unfinished pieces are my work.


I will be posting my progress in here and talking about my thoughts, wants and general blathering..Bear with me... I'm new to this...









1 comment:

Linda S. Socha said...

Lovely designs! They have such a feel of fantasy but with a reality component. Thank you for sharing them. I look forward to watching for future comments and designs. Happy Retirement
Linda