Wednesday, October 5, 2011

October is here and with it Rain Rain Rain

September was so nice this year - well some of it.  It changed mid month and it was a sure sign that Fall was coming.  It's been raining and grey for a couple of weeks now.....The warm weather from September has gone.  But on a good note, the trees look beautiful as their leaves take on the red and gold colors that I love so much.  Fall on the west coast of Canada isn't as spectacular as back east, but it's still pretty.

It's been great stitching weather. I've managed to complete two pages from my Heaven and Earth chart "Gypsy Firefly" and the colors are wonderful. They may not be fall colors, but they feel good.





The picture doesn't do it justice and it looks so much better "in person".  I'm pleased with the results.

My sister was visiting at the end of September from Ontario and we had a good time as usual.  We travelled up to Hope, B.C. and went to the Othello Tunnels. Luckily my son Richard was able to come with us.  These tunnels were built in 1914.  In the Coquihalla Gorge - the river cut a 300 foot deep channel of solid granite.  A straight line of tunnels were built through it .    There are a series of 5 tunnels and they were in operation till the 1950's.  The train tracks are gone, but walkways have been built so you can walk through them.  The river can be seen below as it presses through the gorge.  We were lucky enough to see some salmon trying to make it up the churning treacherous river to spawn. 






If any of this looks slightly familiar it's because this area is where the first Rambo movie was filmed.

We left the tunnels and went to Harrison Hot Springs where we spent 2 nights and days laying around in hot pools and taking it easy.....oh yeah, we also ate and drank way too much.  Sadly, I forgot to take any pictures.....But here's some pictures from 2 years ago to give you an idea what it is like



As for my diet....I kind of took a hiatus till now, but I'm back on my RVL Monavie Diet and I will lose that last 20 lbs now.  The good news is that with summer, visitors,
BBQ's and lots of eating and drinking, I didn't gain any weight back, so while I may not have lost any for 2 months, I didn't gain either and that's a good thing.

Till next time....

No comments: