Sunday, June 19, 2011

I'm here...just been absent for a LONNNNNGGGGG time







Wow, so much has happened since I last blogged...I really must do this more often.

Since my last post over 2 years ago, I finished stitching Sylph, also stitched another HAED design called "Sugar Plum Fairy" and one other called "QS Gwenevere".


A few weeks ago DH and I went to Salt Lake City in Utah for a Monavie convention. On the way there, we passed through Ogden, Utah. This is where Rensel Studios are. Jill Rensel is a framer extrordinaire who specializes in framing needlework pieces and hand painting the mats. I'd contacted her before and made arrangements to bring my pieces in to her. We would be gone to the convention after and also spent some time in southern Utah enjoying the sun and the beauty of Zion national park. On the way back, we stopped in Ogden again and picked up my finished pieces. OMG !!!!! We were blown away by the magic that Jill did on my pieces. We will definitely go back there when I have more pieces to frame. She is a delight to work with and well worth the trip.


Sugar Plum Fairy, original artwork by Myrea Pettit



This is Gwenevere, original artwork by Linda Ravenscroft




This is Sylph, original artwork by Brigid Ashwood



I am currently stitching several Heaven and Earth designs. I'm still working on "Sunrise" by Rachel Anderson. Although I haven't stitched on her for quite awhile, she is definitely still on my list of ones to complete. I'm also working on a Nene Thomas piece called "Deidre" and also a Michele Lee Phelan one called "Draconis Lepus Leo" and here's my progress on them all.



With Sunrise, I actually restarted her. I wasn't happy with the fabric and the stitch count and I have decided that instead of cross stitching, I am tenting now ... it goes soooo much faster and you can actually get some finished...LOL





She is on 28 count Lugana and I'm stitching her with 2 threads over 1


This is Draconis Lepus Leo, original artwork by Michele Lee Phelan, charted by Heaven and Earth Designs.  I am tent stitching this one with two threads over one.


This is Deidre, original artwork by Nene Thomas, charted by Heaven and Earth Designs.  She is being stitched on 28 count, tent stitch, 2 threads over 1....I'm loving how she is turning out.

4 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What beautiful stitched pieces and Jill's framing is incredible. I found your blog via Jill's.
Unfortunately I can't see a "follow" button here so I'll have to pop back from time to time to see what you're stitching next.

leeni1176 said...

Hi Jo....I'm pretty sure I've changed it so you can follow me now, but I'm fairly new to blogging, so not really sure..ha ha.

Anonymous said...

Deirdre is absolutely stunning I am doing another new start ( i think i should really stop now as i have way too many on the go)and i am trying tenting but i am only 300 stitches in, but i love the speed, but oh my, how i want to stitch her now i have seen yours

leeni1176 said...

Thanks so much...I really have to get back to Deidre...she's lonely and needs some one on one time....